Since Shine has a lot of options to go through, it can be somewhat hard to figure out where to look to change the specific thing you want changed. However, this page is here to give you a few small pointers to hopefully help you on your way.
When it comes to changing anything about Shine, every potential thing to change can be accessed through the Options window. Some specific options or settings can be changed without having to open the Options window, but either way, every option will be able to be found in that window.
This being said, if you’re really looking for a specific option, and you can’t find (or remember) any quick way to change it, you can always open up the Options window and look for it in there.
Within the Options window itself, all of the options are divided into seven categories. You can use the names of these categories to quickly find the option you’re looking to change:
- If you want to change something about how Shine handles or displays dates, times, and weeks, look in the Date and Time category.
- If you want to change how notifies you about events, whether or not you receive notifications, or anything else related to them, look in the Notifications category.
- If you want to add, edit, or remove your calendars, look in the Calendars category.
- If you want to change something about how Shine looks or acts (such as the toolbar or the colors), look in the Interface category.
- If you want to change how you or Shine access the Internet, look in the Online category.
- If you want to add, disable, or remove extensions, look in the Extensions category.
- If you want to change an option that isn’t usually accessed or could potentially cause unwanted results, try looking in the Advanced category.
Many of these categories don’t have too many options in them either, so it can be relatively quick to search through multiple if you’re still having problems finding the option you want.
However, something that may be important to note is that, not everything can be changeable in Shine. Although Shine prides itself in being customizable, there are some things about Shine that simply can’t be changed. It’s possible that something you’re looking to change is either too specific to be given its own option, or has a reason why it can’t be changed at all.
If there is something that you really want an option for, and there’s a reasonable explanation as to why it should be an option, send it in through the “Send Feedback” option on the Help menu, and it may be considered for future versions!